Friday, June 17, 2011

cooking and stuff

I am determined to break the recipe rut and try as many new things as possible now that I have the time.  I just discovered Rancho Gordo beans, and I am trying to convince David that we need to buy these beans.  Why?  Because everyone I know who has bought beans from RG swears that they have totally changed the way they cook. Pretty radical.  We've always wanted to transition from less meat more beans, and I think if we actually buy good beans instead of stale store beans, then we can actually do it.  I never thought I would write the word "beans" so many times in one blog post.

Next on my agenda in breaking my recipe rut is to grow my own herbs. I hate that the herbs I buy go to waste because I don't use too many fresh herbs in my recipes. I pretty much rely on the fresh veggies, olive oil, and a little bit of salt and a lot of pepper to flavor my meals. My favorite ingredient is garlic. This is weird, but I love the way my hands smell after I chop garlic. *snnnnnnnnnifffffff*  smells gooooood ;)

But anyway back to the garden - This blog entry was my motivation in wanting to plant my own herb garden. Even though she wanted to do stacked succulents, the inspiration came from none other than *drumroll* Martha Stewart. Gosh, she has an answer for everything, doesn't she!

Here are some recipes that look pretty yummy:
*Cannellini with Tomato & Sage
*Fresh Shell Bean Soup
*Tuscan Bean Soup

So, yep...I am all about the musical fruit right now. We'll see how this little project goes.

xo

No comments: